Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Movie art!



I know this is far from a new trend, but I really can't help but get excited for all the movie related art out there now. Of course we're all aware of Mondo's wonderful limited edition movie prints. Great stuff(if difficult to get without paying a bunch of $$). Their most recent BUCKAROO BANZAI and NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET 3 Posters were both excellent. Here in L.A. there have been a few film art shows of late that caught my attention. The Crazy 4 Cult series and the Pee Wee Herman related art shows at the glorious Gallery 1988 are just jaw-dropping in terms of the collection of amazing and geeky pieces exhibited there. Artists like Dave Perillo and Tom Whalen have really caught my eye. Also, just saw some prints from Charles Forsman yesterday. His JAWS in the style of Peanuts and RAIDERS OF THE LOST ARK in the style of the Popeye comic strips are just inspired(and going fast). Beyond prints there is much creative energy being put into geek movie t-shirts. I am a huge collector of these myself. Sites like Shirtoid, are great for keeping track of new geek wear from other sites like Ript, Teefury, Redbubble, Threadless & Found Item Clothing. Oh and let's not forget Last Exit To Nowhere(aka film nerd heaven) and of course Fright Rags. All this movie art in its various forms has really eased my complete and total dissatisfaction with the state of movie posters today. Not that I needed anything new to collect...
(*Special thanks to Badass Digest & /Film for keeping me up to date on all the cool film art out there)





















6 comments:

JoeyBanks said...

Great piece dude. You are the authority. I know thia as I've never seen you wearing the same T-Sirt twice.

I need to check with Cal Tech… but you may rock.

JoeyBanks said...

Did I say sirt… I meant shirt. I've been drinking.

Rupert Pupkin said...

JOEY- you are too kind sir, much appreciated. I have far too many shirts. I am a sick man. My wife can attest to this. But damn if looking for new cool geek shirts isn't addictive as hell!

Todd Mason said...

Lovely stuff. Thanks for demonstrating it.

Macho Slut said...

As always, thank you so much for the kind words!

-travis@founditemclothing.com

MysticGem said...

Thanks for updating this baby Boomer;love the interest; and don't be too hard on yourself for the addiction;
Many Blessings! Go Found Item Clothing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...