Friday, May 7, 2010

GGTMC podcast interviews



Just a quick note in case anyone might be interested. I have started a series of podcast interviews for my favorite podcast, the fantastic Gentlemen's Guide to Midnite Cinema. In this series I hope to talk to filmmakers, writers, actors, critics, film programmers and film gurus in general. As can be demonstrated by my blog, I like lists of movies of course. So within these interviews I will be trying to find out what some of these cool film fanatics' favorite unsung films are(among other things). My first interview is with Academy Award nominated screenwriter Josh Olson(HISTORY OF VIOLENCE). It's a true pleasure to listen to Josh speak about films he loves. He does so quite a bit over at the Trailers from Hell site, which I've mentioned before. The dude has great taste. Go listen to some of his trailer commentaries over there(including but not limited to: A BOY AND HIS DOG, ACE IN THE HOLE, BLOW OUT, BRING ME THE HEAD OF ALFREDO GARCIA, CHARLEY VARRICK, MS. 45, SORCERER, THE LONG GOODBYE, THE WARRIORS and WRITTEN ON THE WIND). My interview with him can be found at www.ggtmc.com (the episode is Bonus #8). Should have some more soon hopefully!

6 comments:

宛蓉 said...

may the blessing be with you.........................................

christine said...

Can't wait to listen to this!

Emily said...

Excitement on the way!

宗翰 said...

行動養成習慣,習慣培養人格,人格影響命運 ..................................................

Ned Merrill said...

Fascinating, simply fascinating, 宗翰.

Good stuff, Rupe. I finally checked out Trailers From Hell based on your recommendation...I can see how one could become addicted. Mr. Olson happens to have selected many of my personal favorites on the site.

Rupert Pupkin said...

Yeah I'm really on the same page as Josh and i didn't even realize how much. All the new trailers he mentioned doing are all films I look forward to hearing his coverage on.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...