Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Corey Haim: in Memoriam



Sad news today for fans of 80s films like myself. I'll make this brief and go straight into my list, but suffice it to say that Corey Haim made some films that I saw as a youngster that have stuck with me to this day. I think a lot of folks my age can say the same. He will be missed.

1. Silver Bullet(1985; Daniel Attias)
2. Lucas(1986; David Seltzer)
3. The Lost Boys(1987; Joel Schumacher)
4. Firstborn(1984; Michael Apted)
5. Secret Admirer(1985; David Greenwalt)
6.
License to Drive(1988; Greg Beeman)
7.
Prayer of the Rollerboys(1990; Rick King)
8. Dream a Little Dream(1989; Marc Rocco)
9. Watchers(1988; Jon Hess)
10. Blown Away(1992; Brenton Spencer)



7 comments:

Ned Merrill said...

No, he's not the star of the film, but FIRSTBORN would have to make my list of favorite Haim films. In terms of performance, size of role, quality of film--LUCAS is probably best. Now, I have that insanely catchy LUCAS score by Dave Grusin going through my head...RIP Corey.

Ned Merrill said...

Looking at your list again, I see that you do have FIRSTBORN up there. Missed it the first time. Where's the DVD? Maybe Paramount will license it to Olive Films or Legend Films or whichever company they license to next.

Rupert Pupkin said...

I really hope Paramount does license FIRSTBORN,that film so needs a dvd release. A highly under-rated Peter Weller performance too!

Jennythenipper said...

I thought I was the only one who'd seen Prayer for the Roller Boys. It's one of those movies I started out watching to make fun of it and then I kind of got into a little more than I'd like to admit.

raculfright_13 said...

I watched "Oh, What A Night" today and he's pretty good in it, check it out sometime but of course it's not out on DVD. I still can't believe he's dead, he was a really good actor.

Rupert Pupkin said...

Always meant to see that one! Will track it down!

Ned Merrill said...

Looks like FIRSTBORN will be coming to DVD (and maybe Blu?) via Olive Films later this year or in 2012.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...